United Patriot Network

News and Views from the Patriot Perspective

Political Prisoners of the War On Tyranny

Prisoners Of War

American Patriots are fighting hundreds of battles across the country. They are defending themselves from unprovoked attacks on a daily basis. Who is the unseen enemy? Elements of our very own government; such as the DHS, DOJ, BATF and CPS. Sad, but true. The most dangerous offender is the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).

The BATF (Bad Attitude Towards Freedom) is not a law enforcement agency, they are tax collectors. When it comes to firearms it is their job to collect a $200 tax on firearms that fall under the NFA. If you are in possession of a shotgun whose buttstock or barrel is 1/8 of an inch too short, they will kill you and/or your family, and burn your home. If you don't believe me, just ask Randy Weaver, any of the Waco Survivors, or hundreds of other American Patriots. The very fact that the BATF (Burn all Toddlers First) exists is an insult to Liberty.

The BATF have unlimited resources at their disposal to harass, harangue, and murder your fellow Americans. Their prey more often than not, on people who do not have the resources to fight them, be it in court or otherwise. The BATF is the modern day equivalent of the Gestapo. They will persecute people for religious or political beliefs and/or activism.  I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of letting these traitors have free reign in my country.

As you know defending yourself from attacks of this sort can be enormously expensive to prove your innocent. Most people can not afford to defend themselves properly and therefore have their lives ruined for one reason or another on a daily basis. In police state America you are no longer considered innocent until proven guilty, but guilty until you can prove yourself innocent or run out of money. Even if you are lucky enough to "beat them in court"; you will most likely lose your home, job, life savings and in some cases your family.

Far too many people like to talk the talk, but never do anything to support those on the front lines who are actively working to oppose the enemies of freedom. In numerous cases they have been left to fend for themselves or even vilified by their fellow 'patriots'. This needs to stop. If you will not help your fellow patriots in their hour of need; don't complain when no one is willing to help you.




“The New American Patriot will be neither left nor right, just a freeman fighting for liberty. New alliances will form between those who have in the past thought of themselves as 'right-wingers,' conservatives and patriots with many people who have thought of themselves as 'left-wingers,' progressives, or just 'liberal.'…Soon, there will be millions in this country of every political persuasion confronting the police state on streets throughout America….Wake up and smell the tear gas. Freedom is calling its sons and daughters."


Stephens County Jail
Charles A. Dyer
101 South 11th Street
Duncan, OK 73553


Francis Schaeffer Cox
Fairbanks Correctional Center
1931 Eagan Avenue
…Fairbanks, AK 99701

“Mail, including paperwork and forwarded mail, must come through the US Post Office. You can mail up to 5 magazines, 5 paperback books, and 25 photos. Newspapers must come directly from the publisher. Any mail that contains any unauthorized items such as stickers, organic materials, non-paper materials, perfume, blank paper, postage stamps, or hand-made greeting cards will be returned to you.


Money Order, Check and other donations can be sent via mail to Schaeffer's wife at the following address: Schaeffer and Marti Cox 1618 scenic loop fairbanks, AK 99709


P.O. BOX 9000


Stephen Howard Anderson 18166-058
FCI Forrest City Low
PO Box 9000
Forrest City AR. 72336

Exonerate Schaeffer Cox




Short Summary

Schaeffer Cox, 29, is a husband and father of two young children. He is a political activist. In 2008, Cox ran for the Alaska House of Representatives. His platform was simple:

  • The government needs to follow the Constitution because it's the law.
Cox argued that when the government disregards the law and tramples on others, simply because they are powerful enough to do so and get away with it, it hurts them as a Nation. He went on to point out that that sort of heavy handed disregard for their basic obligations costs the government their stability at home and their credibility abroad. His message was well received by the people and local government. After the election, Schaeffer Cox spent time traveling and gave speeches outlying a peaceful way to reclaim individual liberty. His message continued to warn the people attending his speeches that the Federal Government's current behavior was unsustainable. He contended, that the responsibility would fall back on to the shoulders of the people who had created the  Government and let it run off its rails.As Schaeffer Cox continued to give speeches, the crowds grew. This caught the attention of the Federal Government. Cox now had the world's most powerful government as an enemy. For the next several months, Cox and his family now had the force of the Federal Government against them. The FBI played a key role in trying to provoke Cox and when those attempts failed, the FBI began tearing apart the family.

What turned out to be a nightmare, continues. Schaeffer Cox is currently serving a 26 year sentence. The charges the Federal Government came up with range from conspiracy to murder federal workers to weapons charges. He is being held in a communications management unit (CMU, also known as Little Guantanamo) in Marion, IL.

Schaeffer Cox is an example of the tyrannical grip the Federal Government has on the people and their thoughts. There is no injured party; there was no crime. At what point has the overreaching grip of the Federal Government gone too far? If someone does not think the way the Federal Government wants them to or challenges the policies, the person is considered a threat.

Thank you for your generous contribution and your support!

What Is Needed

  • The immediate need of $20,000 will pay part of the outstanding attorney fees totaling $34,000.
  • Funds raised in excess of $20,000 will be applied to the remaining outstanding balance.
  • Funds raised above $34,000 will be be used to at the family's discretion during the appeal process.

The Impact

The importance of this case is critical for the whole of humanity. When a government decides what we can eat, what we must buy and what we are allowed to think, we no longer have life. Thomas Jefferson wrote:

  • "To preserve the freedom of the human mind... and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." Thomas Jefferson to William Green Munford, 1799

Martin Niemöller (1892-1984) was a prominent Protestant pastor who emerged as an outspoken public foe of Adolf Hitler and spent the last seven years of Nazi rule in concentration camps, despite his eager support of nationalism. He is best known for the following statement:

  • "First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me." ~ Martin Niemöller

Other Ways You Can Help

We recognize not everyone can contribute financially. Here's what you can do to help:

  • Share this campaign often amongst your friends, family and groups you belong to. The Indiegogo platform makes it simple to share on social media platforms. 
  • Become familiar with how you can take back your individual liberty by viewing the speech Schaeffer Cox delivered to a group in Hamilton, MT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWqTEWB-aM

Hate Group Exposed

Protecting Rights: Loyal Americans Targeted by the SPLC

William F. Jasper | The New American
04 October 2011

Related Articles:

SPLC: Scamming for Power, Lucre, and Control

The name — Southern Poverty Law Center — conjures images of dedicated and near-penniless lawyers heroically assisting poor people in the South in their struggles for justice. But the image is false.
SPLC's Misdirection of Law Enforcement
The Southern Poverty Law Center is attempting to demonize and criminalize, in the eyes and minds of law enforcement, those with whom the SPLC disagrees.


SPLC’s Poverty of Ethics
The lauded Southern Poverty Law Center (SOLC) accomplishes little good and much harm, while raking in fortunes, money given to fight hate and bigotry.
Leftist SPLC Publishes Patriot Hit List
The leftist Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is worried that non-violent conservative opposition to big government will lead to violence, and has produced an enemies list that includes much of the freedom (patriot) movement.
Media Jump to Smear Right With Extremist Label
Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)are using the recent arrests of the Hutaree Militia to smear The John Birch Society and constitutionalist Christian organizations as dangerous hate groups.
The Hutaree File

 Mich. militia members cleared of charges that accused them of plotting war against government

By Associated Press,

DETROIT — A federal judge on Tuesday gutted the government’s case against seven members of a Michigan militia, dismissing the most serious charges in an extraordinary defeat for federal authorities who insisted they had captured homegrown rural extremists poised for war.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said the members’ expressed hatred of law enforcement didn’t amount to a conspiracy to rebel against the government. The FBI had secretly planted an informant and an FBI agent inside the Hutaree militia starting in 2008 to collect hours of anti-government audio and video that became the cornerstone of the case.

“The court is aware that protected speech and mere words can be sufficient to show a conspiracy. In this case, however, they do not rise to that level,” the judge said on the second anniversary of raids and arrests that broke up the group.

Roberts granted requests for acquittal on the most serious charges: conspiring to commit sedition, or rebellion, against the U.S. and conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction. Other weapons crimes tied to the alleged conspiracies also were dismissed.

“The judge had a lot of guts,” defense attorney William Swor said. “It would have been very easy to say, ‘The heck with it,’ and hand it off to the jury. But the fact is she looked at the evidence, and she looked at it very carefully.”

read the rest... http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/key-charges-dismissed-against-michigan-militia-members-charged-with-plotting-war-on-government/2012/03/27/gIQAf UYVeS_story.html



March 27, 2012 at 6:22 pm

7 Hutaree acquitted of most serious charges

Members of Hutaree militia acquitted
Members of Hutaree militia acquitted: Hutaree militia member Michael Meeks, his family members and his attorney speak after his release.

Detroit— A federal judge acquitted seven members of the Hutaree militia Tuesday of the most serious charges following six weeks of testimony in a high-profile terror case.

On the second anniversary of the Hutaree arrests, U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts granted a defense motion to acquit the militia members on seven charges, including seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction. The most serious charge could have resulted in life prison sentences.

She ordered the trial to continue against Hutaree leader David Stone Sr. and his son, Joshua Stone, on weapons-related charges.

"Wow. Wow," Joshua Stone's lawyer, James C. Thomas, said, adding he will move to have his client released on bond. "We're extremely elated."

The judge said the government's case was built largely on circumstantial evidence.

"While this evidence could certainly lead to a rational fact-finder to conclude that 'something fishy' was going on, it does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that defendants reached a concrete agreement to forcibly oppose the United States government," Roberts wrote.

The judge's order cannot be appealed, said Peter Henning, a former prosecutor and current law professor at Wayne State University. That would constitute double jeopardy.

"Ultimately, this was a case that was all talk and no action," Henning said. "This is a blow to the government. They put a lot of resources into this case. It demonstrates how difficult it is to prove conspiracy cases that have not advanced very far."

The government declined comment on the acquittals.

William Swor, the attorney for David Stone Sr., Tuesday afternoon said, "We're grateful," adding he hasn't had time to fully review the judge's order.

"We're happy for our client. This shows that judges do listen. It shows that the truth does come out," Swor said. "What happens from here, I have to sit and read the opinion. Tomorrow morning I will show up in court with my client and we'll see where we go from there."

Swor said Stone Sr. has been incarcerated for exactly two years and will remain in custody because several charges against him still stand. The attorney added he plans to file a motion requesting bond.

The acquittals marked a setback for prosecutors, who accused the militia members of plotting to kill police officers and spark an uprising against the U.S. government.

Defense lawyers said there was no specific plan and framed the case as a First Amendment fight, downplaying the militia's intent and sophistication.

"David Stone was exercising his God-given right to blow off steam and open his mouth," Swor told jurors during opening statements Feb 13.

The acquittals came six weeks after the trial started and two years after the FBI busted the Lenawee County-based group.

Defense attorneys sought acquittals Monday, saying prosecutors failed to show proof of a conspiracy to commit rebellion. They admitted there was plenty of offensive talk about police and the government but said all was protected by the First Amendment.

Tina Stone's attorney, Michael A. Rataj, praised Roberts on Tuesday for "making the right decision."

"My hat goes off to Judge Roberts, who had the courage to make the right decision despite a case that garnered a lot of publicity," he said. "The government had their dog and pony show about how dangerous these people were and they knew these people weren't dangerous. It's a great day for our clients and for the First and Second Amendment."

Rataj said Tina Stone, who has been out of jail on a $10,000 personal bond, couldn't believe the case against her had been dismissed.

"She asked, 'Are you lying to me?'" he said.

Roberts on Monday signaled that it was a tough decision. Near the end of the day, she said it's unclear how speech "crossed the line" into something criminal.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Sheldon Light conceded Monday there was no proof of a "specific plan" to attack the government. But he said there was much evidence in secretly recorded conversations to show the Hutaree militia wanted to draw in federal law enforcement by killing local authorities.

"I would not agree that there had to be a plan for a widespread uprising to constitute the conspiracy charge," Light said. Militia members were charged with conspiring to commit rebellion, or sedition, against the government and other crimes.

There was no actual attack before they were rounded up in March 2010. On Monday, the judge sharply questioned Light about defendant Tina Stone, the wife of Hutaree leader David Stone.

There's no dispute she was present and sometimes spoke during hours of conversations secretly recorded by an undercover FBI agent, but she doesn't appear to be a consistent participant.Roberts said prosecutors seem to believe that someone can be charged with conspiracy unless they actively disagree with the plot. "So much of this case is about people being present. ... Many things the defendants said are quite offensive. But so what?" the judge said Monday.

Michael Meeks' attorney, Mark Satawa, credited the judge Tuesday.

"This case was troubling from the very beginning," he said. "It was troubling during trial. It was troubling when we fought over bond and even troubling at the end."

Meeks, now 42, smiled and embraced his attorney and supporters as he waited for his parents and brother outside the courthouse.

"Two years later, I still don't know what I did wrong," he said. "I'm just happy to be out and breathing fresh air."

The former Marine said he's looking forward to having some "decent food" and meeting his 1-year-old nephew.

Meeks said he plans to temporarily live with his parents in Manchester and hopes to return to his job at a recycling facility in Adrian.

When asked what he wanted to tell the public about his experience, he replied, "Watch what you say. Even the most innocent of statements can be bent. If they want to get you, they get you."

He added, "As far as I can tell, I got hosed. I'm just happy not to be in jail for the rest of my life."

Meeks' mother, Sylvia, said the ordeal has been a roller coaster ride for the family.

"I stood here two years ago and said I believe in the system and the truth will come out and it has," she said. "I'm just glad it's over and we can start our lives where we left off. It's been a long time coming. It's time to get him home."

Thomas Piatek, 48, remained quiet Tuesday and declined to comment. His attorney, Arthur Jay Weiss, said the allegations prosecutors made against the defendants "never materialized" and they'll never get the wasted years back.

"(Piatek) has been locked up for two years and doesn't know where to go to get those two years back," Weiss asked.

Piatek's older brothers, Steven, 60, and Stanley, 55, traveled from Indiana to take their younger brother home "We are proud of him," Stanley Piatek said. "We're very happy he's being released."

Hutaree member Joshua John Clough, formerly of Blissfield Township, pleaded guilty in December and will spend at least five years in federal prison on a charge of using a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence. He had faced up to life in prison, but reached a plea deal with prosecutors.

In July, Roberts ruled that accused Hutaree member Jacob Ward of Huron, Ohio, is incompetent to stand trial and ordered him to undergo treatment.

Christopher Seikaly, a Southfield-based attorney representing Ward, said his client was not part of the motion for acquittal, but he expects the case against Ward will be dropped as well.

"He was not part of this motion, but it will probably impact him," he said. "I can't see how they can try him if the others were acquitted."

The Associated Press contributed.

[email protected]

(313) 222-2028


Prosecutors Overreached

The Hutaree terror case officially ended today with the last two defendants cutting deals with the government on weapons charges, two days after their five codefendants were cleared of all charges by a federal judge.

David Stone Sr., 51, of Clayton, left the federal courthouse at 1:10 p.m. hand-in-hand with his wife and two sons after two years of being locked up in prison on charges he plotted a violent revolt against the government that included killing police officers with bombs and guns. Stone Sr., who was cleared of the most serious charges, said he is looking forward to going home.

"They put me in the dark and kept me in the dark for two years," said Stone Sr., who was released on bond. "I'm glad to be out of one of the worst county jails in the country."

Despite the outcome, U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade stood her ground and defended the government’s case, arguing that the Hutaree gave the government plenty of reason to investigate it, and ultimately charge its members with crimes.

“Faced with the decision we had to face in March of 2010 – where we had information about an attack in April of 2010 – I believe we made the right decision,” McQuade told the Free Press. “We have an obligation to the protect the public, and so we had every right to do that.”

McQuade also defended the timing of the arrests, saying it would have been a bigger mistake not to arrest anyone, and then let a violent attack happen.

“Imagine if they had been successful and we had waited,” McQuade told the Free Press. “I think most people would agree that you stop them when you can to protect the public safety. And I think that’s what happened here.”

McQuade also disputed that the Hutaree case was about the First Amendment, and punishing people over their speech.

“It wasn’t just free speech,” McQuade said. “It involved substantial steps in furtherance of a plot to kill police officers. They were stockpiling weapons and machine guns and rounds and rounds of ammunition. And they were building bombs. To me, that is well beyond protected First Amendment speech.”

Stone Sr. faces up to 41 months in prison after pleading guilty today to possessing a machine gun. The militia leader, who described himself as a “patriotic American” who did nothing more than speak his mind, said his case should serve as a warning to the public.

"This could happen to anybody," Stone Sr. said.

As for his statements that were used against him in court, he said: "It's amazing how someone can take a comment out of context and make it into what they want it to be."

Stone Sr. also said he believes his case will only lead to more mistrust of the government by militias.

"The distrust the average patriot feels – now they know their paranoia is true," Stone Sr. said.

Stone Sr. said he believed the government's case would fall apart in the end.

"I believed in our stance all along and never wavered," said Stone Sr.

Joshua Stone also pleaded guilty to possessing a machine gun. He faces up to 33 months in prison when he is sentenced in June.

The Hutaree case added some extra drama to the federal courthouse today as photographers and TV cameras were allowed inside the courtroom – an incident that raised a furor among the U.S. Marshals and several court personnel.

Cameras are not permitted in federal courtrooms, but U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts allowed them in today after the plea deals were reached and the jurors dismissed.

The prosecution did not object to releasing Joshua Stone, 23, of Clayton, on bond, but it argued that Stone Sr. should remain locked up, claiming he remained a threat to society.

"Mr. Stone remains the same person he was when he was detained. There is clearly no convincing evidence that he isn't a danger to society," argued Assistant U.S. Attorney Sheldon Light.

Roberts disagreed and said there are conditions that can be made to allow for his release. Both men were released on tethers.

Family members in the courtroom were elated when they heard about the men's release and smiled at one another.

Stone Sr.'s wife and codefendant, Tina Stone, sat in the courtroom as a free woman Thursday and was overjoyed about her husband's release.

"I always said it wouldn't be over until my husband and son came home and now they're coming home," she said. "It's a good day ... we got a good God."

The judge dismissed the jurors at 10:30 a.m. after explaining to them what had happened. Several of the jurors looked stunned as they entered the courtroom and saw five of the defendants and lawyers missing.

Four of the jurors spoke to the media and said they agreed with the judge’s decision, and said the government had a weak conspiracy case.

"Out of everything I saw, there was only one thing that I saw that was illegal," said juror Rickey Randall, 58 , of St. Clair Shores, referring to the gun charges

"I think they kind of overstepped a little bit," Randall said of the government. "I heard a lot of talk and talk and talk and no action.”

Randall said he was “shocked” by the government’s effort to bring the Hutaree to trial. Even though it doesn’t take many people to create some chaos, he said, “Do you think a group that small could go up against the might U.S. government?”

Another juror, Treavor Lyons, 31, Berkley said he could envision voting guilty on the weapons charges, “but not on the conspiracy.”

“The case seemed lacking some information to confirm the charges,” Lyons said.

Another juror, Melissa Roberts, 35, said she kept “waiting for the big piece of evidence” to tie the government’s case together, but that it never came.

She said while an investigation “obviously” should have been done, arrests weren’t necessary.

“I was glad nobody got hurt,” Roberts said.

Stone Sr.'s lawyer said this case ended exactly as it should have.

“It was a gun case when it started. It’s a gun case now,” said William Swor.

“This was never about an attack on police officers. This was an attack to be prepared for the anti-Christ.”

“Justice was done, but it was hard as hell,” said defense attorney James Thomas, who is representing Joshua Stone.

The outcome “was a decision the defense can’t argue with,” Thomas said.

The prosecution was an overreach, wanting to “infer too much; it was a bridge too far.”

Thomas said the government relied on an informant he called an alcoholic and a drug abuser.

The FBI agent working the case also came up lacking, Thomas said.

“We never really believed those were the only conversations that were had,” Thomas said.

“We felt he manipulated the conversations” by getting the talks rolling and then turning on the recorder, he said.

Thomas said the dismissals were “a gutsy call by a judge who understands the first and second amendments.”

He said he thought they would prevail with the jury, but admitted: “It was scary.”

Meanwhile, his client Joshua Stone, 23, said he is looking forward to a walk in the woods — alone and surrounded by quiet and two years in noisy jails and prisons.

“I’m going to eat real food,” Stone said, ticking off his to-do list. “Get my GED, a car, a job and my feet under me. I’m going to enjoy my life renewed.”

If he had a do-over, he said, “I wouldn’t have the firearm I had.”

“I’d most definitely watch what I said,” he said. “I don’t need to go up to (every edge of the) law.”

The only solitude behind bars came with sleep, he said.

“We had ‘Wayne County Idol.’ After “American Idol’ would be on, there were guys who thought they could sing,” Stone said.

The U.S. Attorney's Office was dealt a major blow Tuesday when Roberts acquitted seven Hutaree members of plotting a violent revolt against the U.S. government with weapons of mass destruction -- crimes that could have landed them in prison for life.

“It’s certainly a great disappointment, but we certainly respect the role of the judge, and reasonable minds can disagree where legal lines are drawn," McQuade said. "We’re going to lose cases from time to time, and we take the hard ones.”

She added, “I want to assure the public that our commitment to preventing terrorist attacks is unshaken. When we see a group that we believe is going to cause harm to the public, we will do what we need to dismantle that group.”

The Hutaree, she said, fell into that category.




Court: No guilty plea Tues. in Mich. militia case
updated 11/2/2011 3:41:29 PM ET

DETROIT — Federal court officials in Detroit say there will be no guilty plea next Tuesday for one of nine people charged in an investigation of a southern Michigan militia.

Court spokesman Rod Hansen says a hearing for Joshua Clough (kluhf) was erroneously entered on the docket Wednesday.

Clough of Lenawee County is accused of conspiring to rebel against the government among other charges. He and eight other people are scheduled to go to trial in February.

Clough has been in custody since his arrest last year. His attorney did not immediately return phone messages seeking comment. The U.S. attorney's office declined to comment.

The government claims members of Hutaree (hoo-TAR'-ee) were scheming to kill a police officer, then attack law enforcement.


Federal prosecutors dismiss charge against Hutaree member
Posted: Sat, Sep 24, 2011 : 11:09 a.m.

Federal prosecutors have dismissed a gun charge against Hutaree militia member David Brian Stone Jr.

Prosecutors filed a motion Friday in federal court in Detroit that says "the ends of justice would best be served by this dismissal." It does not elaborate.

The charge alleged Stone Jr., who is the adopted son of Hutaree leader David Brian Stone, had a short-barreled rifle that wasn't registered.

Stone Jr., 21, of Adrian, is among 9 Hutaree members accused of discussing killing a police officer and attacking the funeral procession motorcade with homemade bombs.

He still faces 7 other counts, including seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

Stone Jr. and three other Hutaree members are out on bond as they await trail. Five have been detained since their arrest a year-and-a-half ago.

On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts denied a motion for a bond hearing for defendants Michael Meeks, 41, of Bridgewater Township and Thomas Piatek, 48, of Whiting, Indiana.

In the order, Roberts wrote that continued pretrial detention does not violate Meeks' due process rights. She also wrote that the defendants hadn't introduced sufficient new evidence pertaining to the risk they pose to the community to warrant reconsidering bond.

The trial is scheduled for Feb. 7.

Dyer Case File

This report will present a detailed look into the persecution of Charles Dyer.  More detailed information will be added to this report asap.





Why are we being prosecuted/persecuted? We have spent our lives trying to be upstanding citizens. We have not been arrested for drugs, domestic violence, theft or anything else.


Charles spent 8 years of service to this country in the Marine Corp. Spent two tours in Japan and one in Iraq. He has been separated from his family and put his life in danger for the safety and freedom of the citizens. We have taught our children a respect and love for this country and a respect for the judicial system from the trust of our law enforcement through the judges who sit on the bench and make decisions about lives. We have taught them as little children that, if they have a problem and we are not there, they can find someone with a badge and they will help them, that people in that position are there because they are trustworthy and have been taught the right things to do. Officers are honest or they would not have a badge. Were we wrong?


Let’s see how this plays out:


1. Charles was arrested January 12, 2010 for “incest”.

2. Sheriff’s office executed a search warrant for DNA.

3. Sheriff’s office found a weapon they were concerned about and called FBI.

4. FBI agent threatened Charles that he will arrest Amanda and take her daughter if he does not agree to them being in the house (said that she is felon who has been around his 4 weapons and they will put her in prison for 5 years per weapon.

5. Agents threatened Amanda with the same charges. Charges against her had been dismissed, no felony existed.

6. Sheriff’s office told Amanda the same thing and had her sign permission to search while she was sitting in a Sheriff’s vehicle and not free to leave.

7. With only permission to retrieve the Grenade launcher the FBI checked out every weapon in the house to determine the legality of each (and checked every identification number on each weapon). During this time they even took an air soft silencer. Then they got a warrant to check his storage unit (who even told them he had one). Then they asked him if they would be blown up when they blew the door to his storage unit. Charles asked them why they didn’t just get the key from the house and open the lock and open the door. (Guess they didn’t think of that.) They supposedly had a bomb sniffing dog that “hit” on the unit but found no explosives when they searched. During the search they confiscated “military items that needed to be returned to the government”. This was memorabilia from Vietnam and the Washington, D.C. Senate Guard that his grandfather had given him (training flight helmet in a bag and commemorative badges and retirement identification). They took Charles’ flight helmet purchased for his rotary wing aircraft school in California which he completed just before being discharged from the Marine Corp., flack jacket and items of clothing and a backpack with spent shell casings.

8. Charles was arrested by the FBI for “possession of a dangerous weapon”.

9. Grandfather’s items and spent casings were brought back to his mother by Gene Pool, FBI agent, and she was told that it was certain that he was guilty of all charges and maybe the judge would be lenient and let the sentences run concurrently instead of consecutively and that if his mother did not cooperate with them they would “make enough charges” to keep him in prison for 40 years.

10. Charles was held for 3 months and 2 days without bond in the federal jail.

11. Eventually he was found not guilty in Federal court by a jury.

12. While he was in jail awaiting trial some of our friends received a visit from Gene Pool, an FBI agent, and were told that there is DNA evidence proving that Charles is guilty of the child rape.

13. Next he was brought from Grady County with the ruffles and flourishes that could have been Timothy McVeigh.

14. At his bond hearing the DA asks for a $1 million dollar bond. It is set at $150,000.

15. All possessions were returned to attorney’s office with the exception of the grenade launcher and rifle. They said everything returned was legal for him to have and he could never be charged with them again.

16. At the pretrial hearing held on a Monday we were notified that an additional charge of possession of a stolen rifle was being added (he had purchased it from and individual several years before). During the hearing the charge of possession of a stolen grenade launcher was also added.

17. CPS said the arrangement with his girlfriend and daughter is fine, then it isn’t.

18. He and his girlfriend went to court hearing about her daughter being here and the judge came out in the hallway and screamed that this is his courtroom and she better get in there and sign the papers. If he has to waste his time hearing the evidence he will just go ahead and adjudicate the child deprived and they would not like the outcome.

19. The screaming was done in front of the BACCA bikers who had been called to the courthouse by the District Attorney (according to the sheriff). While they were there they jostled his mom in the hallway.

20. Next hearing there was extreme security at the courthouse (first day of jury docket last August). While sitting outside the courtroom his mom heard a member of law enforcement say that they would put him in general population when they get him to prison, let out the particulars of the case and see how long he lasts.

21. Ex-wife met him on the courthouse porch and pokes him in the face and chest while screaming expletives and saying she didn’t give a f…. about the DA and didn’t give a f….. about the outcome of this f…..ing case, he was never going to see his daughter again. He was arrested for breaking the restraining order and, at the end of booking, he was released as it was determined she was the one that broke the restraining order. He tried to get one against her and was denied.

22. Girlfriend and her daughter were made to leave the state. He had not been found guilty and the daughter had denied ever having him touch her.

23. FBI agent asked his mother if she had made a call to a bondsman about what would happen if he were to be kidnapped. (She had not. If she had wanted to know she would have called their bondsman, not another). Agent said her name was used on the phone call but would not say which bondsman.

24. First trial was continued because it was 2 weeks from pretrial during which time the Friday before a charge of possession of stolen rifle was added, then during the hearing, a second charge of possession was added for the grenade launcher that he had been found not guilty of in Fed. Court.

25. Next time the trial was put off by the DA in October, 2010. (Right before election).

26. Next time the trial was put off by the DA in January, 2011. (Right after election).

27. Ex-wife’s oldest brother, Michael, stopped Charles and his sister in Wal-Mart on Sunday before the trial and started yelling obscenities loudly at him in public.

28. Trial was held and resulted in a hung jury. Extreme security was had at the courthouse (OK. Terrorism task force, several off-duty sheriff deputies). Sheriff sat at the end of the jury box and stared at the jury. After decision was made FBI agent told an acquaintance that there was DNA evidence to prove his guilt and they might as well go back to Texas.

29. A few days later ex-wife’s father pulls gun on Charles and his girlfriend as

they were driving toward town. He was ultimately arrested and charged.

30. FBI agent called Charles’ niece to the FBI office in Tennessee to question her. Told her that Charles had “confided in someone that he had molested her when she was young”. When she denied this they told her that it was understandable if she had not remembered since she was asleep.

31. Girlfriend went back home to Chicago.

32. Ex-wife filed charges on Charles for stalking her. It was proven that he

was at his parent’s and not possible to have been true. She claimed he had been in the car that had not been in the state for many months as the girlfriend had it in Chicago. DA has refused to press charges on her for filing a false police report.

33. Prior to next trial scheduled for August the District Attorney wired Charles’

ex-wife and had her video two conversations with a girl that wanted to be Charles’ girlfriend. Then this girl called him and said the ex-wife wanted to talk to him on the phone. Charles went over and talked to his ex-wife and taped the conversation. Later he received a copy of that conversation from the DA. She had been wired trying to get Charles to admit to something (which was not going to happen because he is not guilty). She broke the restraining order again.

34. Someone burned down his house early Friday morning before court.

35. Charles left town thinking that his life had been threatened twice and he was the prime suspect for the arson. He had been taped by the DA.

36. When his house burned nobody told his parents and they found out from a friend. The FBI called his girlfriend in Chicago to see if she knew where he was and then called an acquaintance in Texas but never contacted his parents.

37. There was a hearing later in the day on the day his house was burned to have a continuance in the trial but it was denied. He was given the impression that he was under suspicion for arson. He left on Friday night after this court appearance and told nobody where he was going. When he left our home he said he would call as soon as the hearing was over. He was at the end of his ropes. There had been two threats to his life, under suspicion for arson when he lost everything he owned and held dear, been lied to and falsely accused, then he was denied a chance to get his thoughts together after his life was over as far as he was concerned.

38. Hearing was held on a Saturday without his knowledge, he could not be found and at this hearing he was granted an emergency continuance and the change of venue that he had requested. Could not find him at this time to get him the message.

39. Now there is a possibility he is not going to be at the trial or hearing. He is MIA.


This was written by his mother on Sunday, August 14 at 11:00 p.m.

Janet Dyer

5103 Hope

Marlow, OK 73055





You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.



You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

The Schaeffer Cox File: The trail of a young man

The Schaeffer Cox File: The trail of a young man
by Sam Friedman / [email protected]
Apr 10, 2011

Schaeffer Cox, right, waits with his attorney Robert John, left, after being arraigned at the Rabinowitz Courthouse Friday morning, March 19, 2010. The local gun-rights advocate was arrested on a weapons charge on Wednesday night after Fairbanks police say he failed to notify an officer he was carrying a concealed pistol. Cox was contacted by officers while monitoring the scene of a police search at an Eighth Avenue house at about 8 p.m. The 26-year-old carpenter and business owner is part of a “Liberty Bell” network that sends out mass notifications when someone believes their rights are being violated. The owner of the home had contacted him to complain that police were making an unauthorized search of her property. While Cox was standing outside the home taking notes, police say he failed to tell them he was carrying a concealed .38-caliber pistol. He was arrested on a charge of fifth-degree weapons misconduct, a misdemeanor.

FAIRBANKS — Well before his arrest last month, Schaeffer Cox had a history as a public figure in Fairbanks. Three years ago, Cox received 37 percent of the vote in a Republican primary for a Fairbanks house district. Cox is known for his Second Amendment Task Force and struggles with the law leading to a March 2010 arrest. Below is a summary of some of the key moments of Cox’s life in Fairbanks.

• Feb. 11, 1984: Cox was born Francis August Schaeffer Cox, although he goes by Schaeffer Cox. He shares the first three names of Presbyterian theologian and minister Francis August Schaeffer, who died in 1984. Cox moved to Alaska from Colorado about the year 2000. His parents are Gary and Jennifer Cox. Gary Cox is pastor at University Baptist Church in Fairbanks.

• May 2003: Cox received a high school diploma through the Nenana correspondence program CyberLynx. He briefly attended the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Instead of studying business, he decided to start one, he said in a later political campaign. He opened a construction and landscaping operation.

• May 2005: The News-Miner interviewed Cox about being rescued after his tent blew away on a hike to Baranof Warm Springs near Sitka. Cox, who sometimes uses anecdotes from his outdoor experiences in his political speeches, says he successfully climbed Denali in 2001, 2003 and 2005, according to reports he made to the National Park Service in those years. He says he has also worked as a commercial fisherman.

• June 2008: Cox’s wife, Marti Cox, gave birth to their first son, Seth Justice Argus Cox.

• August 2008: Cox challenged Rep. Mike Kelly in the Republican primary for House District 7. Cox received 37 percent of the vote to Kelly’s 50 percent. In a debate, Cox shared many of Kelly’s positions, including support for energy rebates and gun rights. Cox raised $6,600 and spent $1,600 of his own money in the campaign. Cox also led the Ron Paul presidential primary campaign in Alaska.

• February 2009: Cox starts the Second Amendment Task Force, a gun rights group that held several meetings in 2009. About 150 people attended an initial meeting at Denny’s Restaurant. Larger meetings were held at Friends Community Church and the Carlson Center. Also beginning in February, Cox organized several open-carry days to protest gun control legislation in Washington. One open-carry day at Carl’s Jr. was attended by U.S. Rep. Don Young.
• Later in 2009, Cox founded a group called the Alaska Peacemakers Militia. Cox said this group was created to check governmental power and create stability if the U.S. government collapsed. Cox has said the Peacemakers Militia had 3,500 members, although it has never made a full list of members available because Cox said many members like to keep a low profile. Four other militia members this year were accused with Cox of plotting to kill law enforcement officers and court officials.

• March 5, 2010: In the first of a series of legal problems that begin in 2010, Cox pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment and is sentenced to two years probation for allegedly punching and choking his wife during a car ride to visit his mother-in-law in Anchorage. Cox has said he only pushed her during the argument. He has also said the fight was reported by his mother-in-law, who he said has never gotten along with him because of his conservative beliefs. Cox’s wife asked the district attorney to dismiss the charges or reduce it to a misdemeanor.

• March 17, 2010: Cox is arrested and charged with fifth-degree weapons misconduct for allegedly not informing Fairbanks Police Sgt. Gary Yamamoto that he, Cox, was carrying a concealed handgun. Cox was monitoring a police search of residence as a member of the Liberty Bell Network, a group Cox organized. Members of the group send out mass notifications to other network members if they feel their rights are being violated. Network members are then supposed to show up with cameras to document the reported abuse of power. Police said they were responding to a 911-hang up call at the house where Cox was arrested. His supporters say there was no 911 call.

• April 2010: The Interior Alaska Conservative Coalition disassociates itself from Cox’s Second Amendment Task Force. Cox had been a founding member of the coalition and held a seat on its board.

• Jan. 16, 2011: A trial Cox’s supporters consider legally binding was held for Cox in a back room at Denny’s Restaurant. The group “acquitted” Cox of the March 2010 weapons misconduct and the March 2010 domestic violence charges. Cox has elsewhere said he believes the Alaska Court System is a for-profit private corporation. He considers himself a sovereign citizen.

• February 4-6, 2011: Cox’s militia associates attend a militia convention in Anchorage to investigate buying grenades and other illegal weapons, according to the FBI, which had been monitoring Cox for at least 10 months. Cox stayed home because Marti was giving birth to their second child.

• Feb. 12, 2011: According to the FBI, Cox announced a murder plot called “241” (two-for-one) to four members of his Peacemakers Militia. The plan involved a kind of retributive justice, by which militia members would kidnap two law enforcement officers if Cox or other militia members were arrested. Two targets were to be killed if Cox was killed, and two government buildings were to be burned if Cox’s house is seized, according to the investigation.

• Feb. 14, 2011: A warrant was issued for Cox’s arrest after he did not show up at his jury trial over the misdemeanor weapons charge.

• March 10, 2011: FBI, U.S. Marshals and Alaska State Troopers arrive at militia members’ homes in Fairbanks, the North Pole area, Salcha and the Elliott Highway. Cox and four militia members are arrested on charges including conspiracy to commit murder. Cox also faces federal weapons charges. Two co-defendants, Lonnie Vernon and Karen Vernon of Salcha are accuse of a separate plot in federal court to allegedly kill a federal judge, members of his family and an IRS agent.


No bail for four Fairbanks militia members in federal court; 6th person charged
by Sam Friedman / [email protected]
Mar 22, 2011
FAIRBANKS - A state grand jury Monday morning added a new name to the list of those accused in association with an alleged plan to kill or kidnap local law enforcement officers and court officials.

In addition to returning indictments for the five suspects picked up in a March 10 sweep, the grand jury returned an indictment for Rachel A. Barney, wife of defendant Coleman L. Barney.

Rachel Barney is accused of harboring co-defendant Francis “Schaeffer” Cox on Feb. 19 and March 10. Cox was a fugitive after not attending his trial on misdemeanor weapons charges. Rachel Barney is not in custody and was assigned a date of April 5 to appear in court.

The five people already in custody have been indicted on two counts of conspiracy to commit murder and several lesser crimes. The indictments identify Alaska State Trooper Ron Wall and District Court Judge Michael McConahy as the intended murder victims.

Lonnie Vernon and his wife, Karen Vernon, were charged with three other murder conspiracy counts for allegedly planning to kill three family members of U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline.

No bail for some

Four of the defendants, all except Anderson and Rachel Barney, were arraigned in federal court Monday.

In each case, U.S. Magistrate Scott Oravec granted U.S. attorney Steven Skrocki’s request to keep the defendants in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service without bail, because he said there was no combination of release conditions that would “reasonably assure the safety of the community,” he said.

Defense attorneys could file a motion to request a bail hearing.

In state court, all five original defendants were already being held on $2 million bail.

The Vernons face federal charges of conspiring to kill U.S. officials. Barney, Cox and Lonnie Vernon face federal weapons charges for allegedly owning illegal weapons and conspiring to buy more from a dealer in Anchorage.

During his hearing, Cox questioned the facts in the report used to determine release conditions.

He also denied the accusations against him — though he has not yet had an opportunity to formally plea — and said he is anxious to get his name cleared.

Cox said he has been kept in solitary confinement and has had difficulty contacting his attorney.

U.S. Marshal Randy Coyne said Cox should have access to a phone while in custody, but Cox said the one he has been given does not always work.

“Jail isn’t known for its customer service,” Cox said.

The defendants are being kept at the Fairbanks Correctional Center because there is no federal prison, Coyne said after the hearing.

Lonnie Vernon and Coleman Barney have defense attorneys. Vernon was assigned federal public defender MJ Haden. Barney chose to hire private attorney Jason Gazewood. Karen Vernon has qualified for a court-appointed attorney, but has not been assigned one yet.

Cox plans to further discuss his representation in advance of a hearing set for Thursday. In state court, he is represented by private attorney Robert John.

The Vernons are in the midst of a two-year federal court battle with the IRS over unpaid taxes and were on the verge of losing their Salcha home to pay debts. Judge Beistline is presiding in their case.

On Friday, Skrocki filed a motion requesting that their criminal trial be moved to Anchorage, so it is in the same place as their ongoing tax case.

The accusations

A state charging document supporting the arrest of the original five defendants referenced a series of secret FBI recordings of meetings between Cox and the “command staff” of his militia group, the Alaska Peacemakers Militia.

According to document, the group planned to resist any attempt to execute an arrest warrant on Cox. In the event of a militia member being killed or a home being taken in any potential conflict, the group planned to slay twice as many officials or burn twice as many homes, according to the document.

The group had stockpiled weapons, including one fully automatic assault rifle, two tripod machine guns, at least one grenade launcher, eight pineapple grenades and “dozens of high-powered” assault rifles and pistols, according to the charging document.

Other documents released last week mention silencers and say the pineapple grenades were inert.

Monday’s indictment gives more specific information about illegal weapons the defendants allegedly owned.

Militia members allegedly made “Wanted: Dead or Alive” posters with the faces of targets in law enforcement and the court system. Anderson was sent to conduct surveillance of the targets, according to the documents.

All six defendants are set to be arraigned at the Rabinowitz courthouse today.

Contact staff writer Sam Friedman at 459-7545.

Charges in brief

Six Fairbanks-area residents have been indicted in state court in association with an alleged plan to kill and kidnap officials.

Four of the six face additional charges in federal court:

• Michael O. Anderson, State charges: 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder, 2 counts of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, weapons misconduct and hindering prosecution.

• Coleman L. Barney, Federal charges of allegedly owning illegal weapons and conspiring to own more.

State charges: 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder, 2 counts of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, weapons misconduct and hindering prosecution.

• Rachel A. Barney, State charge: hindering prosecution.

• Francis “Schaeffer” Cox, Federal charges of allegedly owning illegal weapons and conspiring to own more.

State charges: 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder, 2 counts of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, weapons misconduct and hindering prosecution.

• Lonnie G. Vernon, Federal charges of threatening to kill U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline and an IRS agent, threatening Beistline’s family, owning illegal weapons and conspiring to own more.

State charges: 5 counts of conspiring to commit murder, 2 counts of conspiring to commit kidnapping, weapons misconduct and hindering prosecution.

• Karen L. Vernon, state charges same as husband.



AK Man Gets Reduced Sentence After Informing On Schaeffer Cox
Jillian Rayfield | July 28, 2011,


The identity of one of the two confidential informants in the Schaeffer Cox militia case was revealed this week after a judge reduced his sentence on several felony charges, as a reward for his help in bringing about the arrest of Cox and members of his Alaska Peacemakers Militia.

Gerald Olson had pleaded guilty to second-degree theft relating to charges that he defrauded customers of a septic tank business, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports. But on Friday, Superior Court Judge Kari Kristiansen mitigated his sentence after his work as a confidential informant in the case against Cox.

Over ten months, Olson and one other still-anonymous informant helped federal agents gather over 130 hours of audio and video recordings, among other evidence, that eventually led to the arrest of Schaeffer Cox, Lonnie and Karen Vernon, Coleman Barney, and Michael O. Anderson in March. The five were charged with stockpiling weapons and plotting to kill two state troopers, an IRS agent, and District Judge Robert Beistline, who was presiding over the Vernons' tax evasion case.

There's been speculation that the second informant is William Fulton, former owner of the Dropzone Security Army surplus store in Anchorage, who gained brief notoriety after he did security work for then-Alaska senatorial candidate Joe Miller (R). At a campaign event, Fulton and his employees handcuffed and detained a journalist for the Alaska Dispatch, who was attempting to question and video Miller.

Olson will be on probation until he pays restitution to those he defrauded, and his sentence was suspended until he completes his probation. If he completes it without committing another crime, his conviction could be set aside, according to the News-Miner.

In a brief on Tuesday, federal prosecutors requested a partial gag order in the case after Tim Dooley, the defense attorney for Barney, made comments to the press that prosecutors believed were "testimonial in nature."

Dooley had told the News-Miner that Olson was the one who first brought up the plan to go after officials, and that in reviewing the evidence he had not yet seen anything to suggest that Barney had participated in the conspiracy to kill officials.

U.S. Attorney Steve Skrocki said that Dooley's comments were "testimonial in nature, [and] are based on an incomplete and possibly selective review of the evidence and run the specter of influencing the public and the jury pool without redress."



Speeches led FBI to Cox, Fairbanks militia
by Sam Friedman/[email protected]
Aug 08, 2011

FAIRBANKS — It was Schaeffer Cox’s speeches in the Lower 48 that led the FBI to begin investigating him, according to a document filed in federal court Friday.
Cox’s attorney, Nelson Traverso, is asking the federal government to disclose exactly which speeches led to the investigation that culminated in Cox’s March 10 arrest on charges including conspiracy to commit murder.

In his brief, Traverso quotes FBI Special Agent Richard Sutherland telling Cox upon his arrest that the FBI had been watching him. Specifically, Sutherland tells Cox that people who saw his speeches in the Lower 48 (he mentions Montana in particular) believed he supported “violence or overthrow against the government” and submitted recordings of the speeches to the FBI.

Sutherland goes onto say the case got passed along to the Anchorage FBI office where “the FBI’s position was, we can look at this to see if this is all First Amendment and Second Amendment protected activity, and if it is, we don’t have a dog in the fight.”

The FBI ended up sending at least two confidential informants to investigate Cox and his Alaska Peacemaker’s Militia. The investigation concluded Cox and four of his associates had illegal weapons and were planning to kill law enforcement and court officials. In the process, investigators accumulated more than 100 hours of secret recording and thousands of pages of written materials that have been turned over to defense attorneys, but none so far explain exactly which Cox speech triggered the investigation, Traverso said.

Traverso also asked the court to disclose what FBI informant Gerald “JR” Olson said about Cox to a federal grand jury, saying he anticipates Olson’s credibility will be “one of several major issues in this case.” At the time he began working for the FBI, Olson was facing felony charges for fraudulent business practices in the Palmer area. In part for his help investigating Cox, he received a sentence without any jail time last month.

Here is the video - The Solution Video part 1, putting government back into the hands of We the People. If you could find a way to end corruption in government and give the power back to the People, without violence, or spending much money, or lobbying for new laws, or electing any candidates, when would you want the information. See the movies at http://www.lincolncountywatch.org or go to http://www.paulstramer.net




Judge rules on '241' plot evidence

by Jeff Richardson / [email protected]
Aug 31, 2011

FAIRBANKS — A federal judge has denied a request for the immediate disclosure of evidence against accused “241” murder conspiracy plotter Schaeffer Cox.

Federal prosecutors in the case, however, will be required to file a list of evidentiary materials they expect to deliver before Cox’s trial, U.S. District Court Judge Robert J. Bryan ruled Tuesday. Bryan said that list, which is due in two weeks, will help determine whether important items are being withheld from the defense.

The ruling came after Cox attorney Nelson Traverso requested a more complete disclosure of the evidence against his client. Traverso requested more information about evidence that was gathered from speeches Cox made in spring 2010 and were posted online, as well as statements attributed to Cox by informants and law enforcement officials at a grand jury hearing.

Prosecutors say they don’t possess some of the material requested and other items being sought are already in the defense’s control. Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Skrocki said the information Traverso wants “was abundantly provided in discovery,” the information from an investigation that prosecutors hand over to defense attorneys before a trial.

Bryan said he couldn’t grant Traverso’s motion because many things are still unknown about the evidence, including whether any material is being withheld. Under narrow circumstances, such as a desire to protect witnesses or confidential informants, prosecutors are allowed to delay the release of some evidence.

Instead, Bryan said prosecutors need to file a list of materials that will be delivered 21 or more days before trial and a list of other withheld items that Traverso has requested.

Cox is scheduled to go to trial in February on federal weapons and murder conspiracy charges, which are tied to an alleged plot to kill a federal judge and tax agent. He and four other defendants also face similar state charges involving an alleged plan to kidnap or kill Alaska State Troopers or state judges.





Alaska judge tosses FBI surveillance recordings of Schaeffer Cox in '241' case
by Sam Friedman / [email protected]  Oct 17, 2011
FAIRBANKS - A state judge banned the use of more than 100 hours of electronic surveillance in the “241” murder conspiracy case Monday, costing prosecutors a large quantity of evidence against Fairbanks militia leader Schaeffer Cox.

In a two-page ruling Monday, Superior Court Judge David Stewart said audio and video recordings made during a six-month FBI investigation into Cox and his Peacemaker’s Militia are not admissible because they were made without a search warrant, violating the Alaska Constitution.

Prosecutors had argued they should be allowed because informants who made the recordings were working for the FBI, which is less strictly bound by federal law to obtain warrants in this sort of case.

In state court, the defendants are accused of conspiracy to commit murder for allegedly hatching a plot to kill Alaska State Troopers and court officials as part of Cox’s Peacemaker’s Militia group. Prosecutors say the plan was called “241” because the group planned to kidnap two people if troopers made any effort to arrest Cox on a pending arrest warrant and to kill two people if any of them were killed in any ensuing conflict.

Cox’s defense attorney called the ruling a significant victory that could erode other parts of the prosecution’s case.

“You really have to see the grand jury testimony to see how much of their case relies on this (the recordings),” Robert John said. “This whole investigation was driven by the recording. Does everything just have to go now because everything is tainted? That's something that that will have to be hashed out in court."

In addition to the recordings, prosecutors have said they have other evidence against Cox and militia members.

The ruling specifically addresses the Cox case, but John said it could apply to four co-defendants arrested with Cox in March. They, like Cox, face charges including conspiracy to commit murder for allegedly planning to kill Alaska State Troopers and state court officials.

The ruling does not affect separate charges in federal court, where Cox and Coleman Barney are accused of possessing illegal weapons and co-defendants Lonnie and Karen Vernon are accused of devising a separate plot to kill a federal judge and IRS officials. A fifth co-defendant, Michael O. Anderson, faces no federal charges.

An e-mail sent to the Fairbanks District Attorney’s office Monday evening was not immediately returned.

Contact staff writer Sam Friedman at 459-7545.

FBI Involvement in PATCON

SSI EXCLUSIVE: The "Patriot Conspiracy" fix at Newsweak. Tina Brown guts a story to protect Democrats & the FBI.

"1. Newsweek had a story about a paid confidential informant enlisted under PATCON, an FBI program that spanned many years, including the years that Ruby Ridge, Waco and the Oklahoma City Bombing happened. PATCON is shorthand for "Patriot Conspiracy."

2. I also knew from sources, living and dead, that PATCON was the worst scandal that the FBI ever perpetrated. PATCON could sink the FBI, perhaps permanently, and along with the Gunwalker Scandal, totally discredit the teflon coating that the Bureau has excreted around its corrupt core and thoroughly debunk the myth that the FBI is anything but an agency of arsonists posing as firemen.

And now we know what a cabal of New York editors under pressure from a frightened FBI and nervous White House can do to the story of the greatest crime ever perpetrated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation -- they can gut it, reducing it almost to innocuousness, all to protect criminals who hide behind federal badges and to shield the politicians who sent them."

"Sources in advance of the story said that FBI was very afraid of this article. "They don't want PATCON mentioned," said one source. "Not ever, by anybody. Because it leads to OKBOMB (the FBI name for the Oklahoma City bombing case), Elohim City (Oklahoma, a Christian Identity community), (German undercover agent Andreas Carl) Strassmeier, the McVeigh-Strassmeier connection, the Aryan Republican Army, the whole shebang." A source out west told me that when he mentioned the name to a retired FBI agent, he was told to "stay away from that shit" for "PATCON will get you killed -- it's national security."

There are many rumors and individual bits of fact that have drifted out about PATCON over the years -- Stories of FBI informants and undercover assets giving taxpayer-funded operational assistance -- including weapons, explosives and money -- to neoNazi and racist terrorists to cement their relationships with the criminals; Reports that an operation that began with real concerns about racist terrorist groups like The Order was expanded to include mere political opponents of the Clinton administration and the defensive-oriented constitutional militias; Reports of a similar operation called VAAPCON, "Violence Against Abortion Providers," using the same tactics; Reports that the Southern Poverty Law Center was hip-deep as a partner to the FBI in PATCON; Reports of FBI penetration of the news media, religious institutions and the ranks of politicians of both parties, who very usefully expanded the FBI's power and reach and who provided political cover when the curtain slipped. Oklahoma lawyer and journalist J.D. Cash once told me that "there isn't a neoNazi or racist group in the country that isn't operationally controlled by the FBI." Did that include the Aryan Republican Army and the Oklahoma City bombing? I asked. "Certainly," he replied. So, the prospect of a story in a major news magazine about PATCON must have given the FBI a severe case of the old rectal looseness."

Read all of Mike Vanderboegh's report at the link.



PATCON Revealed: An Exclusive Look Inside The FBI's Secret War With The Militia Movement

By J.M. Berger

Undercover FBI agents posing as white supremacists gathered alarming intelligence about the militia movement during the early 1990s, according to documents obtained by INTELWIRE.

But FBI headquarters abruptly terminated the undercover operation -- code-named PATCON -- just three months after the disastrous siege at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

The timing could hardly have been worse; the networks targeted by the investigation were inflamed to violence by Waco. At least one individual targeted in the investigation -- Andreas Strassmeier -- was later linked to Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. Another target of the investigation was later linked to Eric Rudolph, perpetrator of the 1996 Olympic Park bombing.

PATCON was the centerpiece of an extensive investigation of militia and white supremacist groups in Arizona, Alabama, Tennessee and Texas.

Read the full story at the link.


Members Area

Welcome to UPN

AWRM’s latest effort to restore the Republic.  Our UPN reporters will be posting news and editorials directly related to the loss of American’s Rights and Freedoms, natural or man made disasters,  government inspired terrorism or police state tyranny.

Our key feature is the UPN Livestream tv broadcast channel which you can watch directly from UPN or AWRM.org. You can also  watch “videos on demand” by accessing our video file library. As time permits we will be adding many new training and preparedness videos to this collection. So stay tuned. We are also hosting full length educational films in the UPN video library.  Click the "video" link to access them.

You can access our new chat room feature by clicking the chat link at the bottom of the UPN screen.

If you have relevant Militia, Patriot, or Breaking News reports or videos you would like to submit for broadcast contact: [email protected]

While UPN is non profit, we do have expenses and funds must be raised to expand and grow the operation.  Donations, support or advertisements are greatly appreciated.

Recent Videos

1869 views - 0 comments
1570 views - 0 comments
1467 views - 0 comments
1765 views - 0 comments

Recent Blog Entries

Recent Podcasts

Newest Members

PM Prices

Gold Coin Prices


Be A Man Among Men